We are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Medical Receptionist to join our busy GP surgery in Maldon.
As a Lead Medical Receptionist you will excel in providing first-rate customer care and have good interpersonal skills at the front desk and on the telephone. You must be able to work flexibly in a team of Receptionists on a rota basis to cover Surgery opening hours and also provide holiday and sickness cover, as needed, on overtime basis. You must be a team player with excellent communication skills, telephone manner and have the ability to work under pressure.
The post-holder is responsible for:
- Unlocking the building each day
- Organising and approving annual leave and sickness cover for the team
- Organising the reception diary
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with all enquiries from patients attending the Surgery
- Booking and cancelling appointments via the telephone or in person at the desk
- Booking in patients arriving for appointments
- Deal with non- clinical admin enquiries such as Med3’s, Clinical Waste collection forms, etc
- Replenishing paper products in clinical rooms and around the surgery
- Printing and organising forms for patient completion
- Recording home visit requests
- Recording triage messages for the nurse
- Taking messages from patients and ensuring clinical staff are aware
- Tidying up waiting area and clinicians’ rooms
- Filing of notes, correspondence, results etc
- Taking results via the telephone from hospitals
- Telephoning patients with results/scans etc, at the doctor’s requests
- Telephoning patients when necessary
- Photocopying and shredding
- Chaperone the Doctor when the Nurse is unavailable
- You will need strong inter-personal and prioritising skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
You will need to be committed to delivering a quality service, be a team player and proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement them.
You will need to plan ahead and respond to changes and understand the impact that these changes can have on the overall service delivery of the Practice.
You will need to be able to engage effectively and handle interactions with a wide range of stakeholders and be comfortable with providing advice and support.
You can apply by contacting below:
Longfield Medical Centre, Princes Road, Maldon CM9 5DFtact and apply to